Wednesday 4 November 2015

Review : I'm From Vitamin Tree Mask


I bought the I'm From Vitamin Tree Mask from Wishtrend a few months back. The ingredients seemed interesting, and I'm a sucker for TRYINGALLTHETHINGS.

What is it? 
A wash off mask packed with the farm fresh nutritions of fresh vitamin leaves that promises a vitamin-detox for your skin to leave it looking bright and radiant.

Ingredients 
산자나무추출물 (50.46%) - Hippophae Rhamnoides (Sea Buckhorn) Extract
글리세린 - Glycerin
Hippophae Rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) Leaf Extract (11.5%)
카프릴릭/카프릭트리글리세라이드 - Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride
세틸알코올 - Cetyl Alcohol
글리세릴스테아레이트 - Glyceryl Stearate
피이지-100스테아레이트 - PEG-100 Stearate
글리세릴스테아레이트에스이 - Glyceryl Stearate SE
비즈왁스 - Beeswax
소듐폴리아크릴로일디메칠타우레이트 - Sodium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate
폴리소르베이트 - Polysorbate 60
Sorbitan Sesquioleate
스테아릴알코올 - Stearyl Alcohol
눈 연꽃추출물 - Saussurea Involucrata (Snow Lotus) Extract
Selaginella Lepidophylla (Rose of Jericho) Extract
Rubus Chamaemorus (Cloudberry) Fruit Extract
Hippophae Rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) Fruit Extract
소듐하이알루로네이트 - Sodium Hyaluronate
호호바씨오일 - Jojoba Seed Oil
마그네슘알루미늄실리케이트 - Magnesium Aluminium Silicate
잔탄검 - Xanthan Gum
미리스틸알코올 - Myristyl Alcohol
알란토인 - Allantoin
토코페릴아세테이트 - Tocopheryl Acetate
부틸렌글라이콜 - Butylene Glycol
1,2-헥산디올 - 1,2-Hexanediol
카프릴릴글라이콜 - Caprylyl Glycol
Caprylhydroxamic Acid
인도 유향수지 추출물 - Boswellia Serrata Resin Extract (Indian Frankincense)
디포타슘글리시리제이트 - Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate (Licorice Root Extract)
디소듐이디티에이 - Disodium EDTA
판테놀 - Panthenol
에칠헥실글리세린 - Ethylhexylglycerin
에칠아스코빌에텔 - Ethyl Ascorbyl Ether


I did my best to type and translate the ingredients from Hangul printed on the packaging and I'm pretty sure it corresponds to the list published on Wishtrend.

Key Ingredients: 
The main ingredient is Vitamin Tree, the Tree of Miracles otherwise known as the Mana Tree sea buckthorn. It makes up over 60% of the product, with 50.46% sea buckthorn extract ("Vitamin Leaf Tea"), 11.5% sea buckthorn leaf extract ("Fresh Vitamin Leaves") & sea buckthorn fruit extract thrown in for good measure.

Sea buckthorn is anti-inflammatory, has an anti-oxidant benefit and is high in Vitamin C.

I'm not terribly interested in the ingredients listed after sea buckthorn leaf extract, which make up less than 11.5% of the product. There are 31 of them and are probably in too small amounts to be of benefit. The ad focuses on snow lotus, cloudberry and jericho rose but I couldn't find much on their benefits! Theres also licorice root extract, a brightening ingredient, but at the bottom of the list it's nothing to get excited over.

Ingredients Analysis: 
The product page on Wishtrend includes an evaluation of the safety level of the ingredients based on the EWG database, proudly stating "no hazardous ingredients" - apparently missing the three flagged as moderate hazard (troll lol lol).



Heres one based on cosdna comedogenicity/irritancy values, which seems to be more popular. 
Edit: the ingredients like glycerin with blank values score 0/0 values.  


Translating the ingredients exhausted most of the effort I'm willing to put into blog posts, so this will have to do! -.- (did I mention that I don't read or write Hangul?) There are a few ingredients flagged as acne triggers and irritants - PEGs, fatty alcohol, stearates and butylene glycol.
 
Packaging
The jar is packaged in a heavy, expensive-feeling glass jar and comes with a spatula.

Texture and Smell
SWEET MAKGEOLLI AND JOJOBA. THE SMELL. OHMYGAWD. Some reviewers describe the smell as 'organic' or herby. They lie. It looks and smells like a freshly laid shit.

The texture is soft and squashy like a turd on the sole of your shoe.

Results
I first used the mask when my skin was in a rough state - sensitive, irritated, spots abrewing.. (Sigh) I left it on for about 20 minutes, letting it dry while I cleaned the bathroom (bless you, stash of industrial grade cleaners and your overpowering smells) and then hopped into the shower to rinse it off. (I recommend the shower unless you want your sink stained by what looks like spots of explosive diarrhoea.) My skin felt so soft afterwards, refreshed and much calmer.

So happy as I am with the results, this mask isn't something I'd repurchase because of the disgusting smell. Definitely not something I'd recommend, unless you're really, really adventurous...?

Where to buy
Chongmal?
$35.00 on Wishtrend
35,000 on imfrom.co.kr

Next up for review: Laneige Multiberry Yoghurt Sleeping Pack. I hope it smells nice...

3 comments:

  1. I appreciate your honesty about the smell and texture of this mask haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post cracked me up! Your description of the smell, & texture, is one of the best I've ever heard.

    "Some reviewers describe the smell as 'organic' or herby. They lie. It looks and smells like a freshly laid shit. The texture is soft and squashy like a turd on the sole of your shoe."

    Bwahahaahahahaaa! I'm still having little giggle fits as I'm typing this! Girl, you just made my day! I know this post is from a year ago but I was thinking about adding this mask to my next Memebox order &, like any smart consumer, I like to read some reviews first so I really appreciate your straight forward, honest, no holds barred opinion on this product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha no problem! If you want my honest opinion: get the honey one! I still wonder why I didn’t get a honey smelling thing instead of a poop >.>

      Delete